Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge - NepalNepal
National Geographic Adventure has included the Lodge as one of the World’s Top 50 Eco-Lodges – the only one of its kind in the sub-continent and invited the lodge to join their top 25 Unique Lodges of the world.
With eighteen rooms in thirteen individual bungalows all constructed from local materials and in the local architectural vernacular, the hill top setting ensures every room has dramatic and different views of the Dhaulagiri, Annapurna or Manaslu Himal (all 27,000ft. / 8,000m peaks). The gardens are designed to flow naturally and blend with the surrounding village lands and community forest. Grassy banks are be-speckled with wild flowers for most of the year. A swimming pool has the finest views of Machhapuchhare, or Fish Tail. All rooms have private verandas and some have their own private gardens too.
The Lodge emphasises pure relaxation at the gateway to the high Himalaya with a range of complementary therapies, Ayurvedic and shiatsu massage, yoga and meditation under the concept of “The Essence of Tranquillity.” Food is often organic, and locally sourced. Meals are authentic ‘home-style’ cookery. Snacks are available at any time of day. A well stocked bar is open whenever guests wish.
Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge is the ideal place to relax before, or after, a trek as well as being a good base for day walks to explore the local villages of Gurung, Brahmin and Chhettris, each with their distinctive culture, architecture and lifestyles, for those wishing to walk but not trek.
The lodge is closed for the monsoon from mid-June to early September annually. Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge welcomes approximately 1,000 guests annually.
Tiger Mountain Pokhara
Kandani Danda, Lekhnath, Ward-5, Kaski
- Pokhara is a 45-minute drive from the lodge and provides the main centre for sightseeing, shopping and nightlife?
- The lodge is located on the edge of a village and surrounded by farmland and forest. We offer a range of walks focussing on wildlife viewing, cultural exploration or just plain exercise – all accompanied by expert local guides.
- A range of complementary therapies – massage, yoga and meditation are available on request.
- Mountain bike tours can be arranged
- The Himalayan, 18 hole, golf course is 30 minutes away
All cottages are simply furnished with local materials and have king-size beds, duvets, woollen blankets and traditional ‘siraks’ (heavy cotton fibre quilts). Attached bathrooms feature western wc, shower and specially crafted natural toiletries. Rooms have a selection of books, board games and playing cards as well as traditional shawls, chappals, bath robes and comfortable seating. Each room has its own verandah and a mountain view.
- Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge - Nepal 4-day Nature Program in the Himalaya4 Days in nautre, exploring the the beauty of Nepal and the HimalayaRead More